|PHOTO: ONE EQUAL WORLD|
· Is it weird that she does not know the difference between a hair conditioner and a moisturizer? Or what their uses are?
· Is it weird that she cannot tell between an original human and faux human hair? And that even if she knew, she would never spend over ₦50,000 just for her hair?
· Should she be worried that she cannot tell the difference between a foundation and a concealer or even a highlighter? Oh! She knows what they are supposed to do but isn’t sure she can tell the difference when placed in front of her.
· Why does the sales girl at the lipstick store ask her if she wants merlot, garnet, sangria or currant when all she asked for was red?
· Why did the man at the cosmetic store snicker when she insisted there was really no difference between a ‘bleaching’ cream and a ‘toning’ cream?
· Should she have been mad when the man at the underwear shop told her she was better off with the push-up bra as she isn’t well endowed?
· Is it weird that she is not worried about her belly fat? And why was it acceptable to use waist trainers and give an illusion of a flat tummy when she had anything but?
· Is her natural smell so wrong that she has to douse herself with multiple perfumes, deodorants, sprays and scents?
· Is it wrong to just want to wear something comfortable instead of something trendy? That she wouldn’t spend money on designers who are all the rave now but whose designs would be outdated after a season? That she would rather wear generic clothes because somehow, they never go out of style?
· Should she pretend those heels don’t hurt like hell or should she just stick to her ballet flats and scandals?
And when she is done thinking about how she looks, she also has to ponder on these other questions:
· Why should she be quiet in public places when her voice is a great tool in correcting societal wrongs?
· Why should she catwalk and sway her hips when all she wants to do is to get to where she is going?
· Is it weird that she would rather spend ₦20,000 on books than on clothes, shoes, bags, makeup or jewelry?
· Why do people give her the funny look when she says she never watches ZeeWorld or Telemundo or Africa Magic Epic? Is she so wrong for preferring Discovery Channel, National Geographic and BBC and the NBA channel?
· What is so wrong with being interested in The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, CSI, Criminal Minds, Bones, Sherlock and the Marvel series? Why should she have to limit her scope of understanding because girls are ‘not supposed to be that intelligent’?
· And where was it written that women are only interested in sports because of their boyfriends or because they want to ogle men? Even when she proves she has been a supporter of Arsenal since they first signed Robert Pires, some men still think she is a supporter because Theo Walcott is fine.
· And why do her female friends keep telling her she ‘sounds like a man’ when she discusses politics and the economy and global happenings? Like, because she is a woman, she shouldn’t be able to understand politics, economics or espionage?
· And talking espionage, is it weird that she would rather cuddle up with a Dan Brown, Robert Ludlum, Steven King, Tom Clancy, Agatha Christie, James Patterson, Sydney Sheldon and John Grisham than Complete Fashion, City people, any M & B or eHarlequin?
· Is it weird that she knows about NASA, quantum physics, coding and app creation, DNA sequencing and cloning, artificial intelligence and Einstein’s Gravitational waves theory?· Why should she have to take the words of ‘spiritual leaders’ as true and infallible when she studies the scriptures herself and sees that, many times, these ‘spiritual leaders’ are just wrong? And why should she not teach the word because she is a woman?
· if her mind is sexy enough to attract the guy she wants;· if the guy she wants wouldn’t be bothered by her lack of interest in fake nails, caked faces and flamboyant clothes;· if the guy wouldn’t be threatened by her intellect and the quality of her mind;· if the guy understands that a relationship is a part of her life and not the entire essence of it and;· if the guy she wants even exists?