How have you been?!
So starting this week, we want to try something. Thing is, we tried before but got quite lazy and it never hit the ground running. We know; shame!
Anyway, starting today, we will be doing an overview of all the posts we shared the previous week and what the new week will feel like.
Excited?! So let’s get to it.
Last week, we started by reminding you that you are beautiful as you are and went on to produce two new podcasts. We reviewed Arlissa’s Getting older and Darnell Martin’s, Cadillac Records. They had a central theme of finding yourself and we hope you caught that.
We went on to share two posts from our Dear Future Family series, with focus on letters to the future sonand daughter.
We also shared our newest video log on adapting to culture shocks.
You can find an overview of all the posts shared below;
- Dear Future Family: Letter to My son;
- The Review: Getting Older by Arlissa;
- Adapting to Culture Shocks;
- Dear Future Family: Letter to My Daughter;
- The Review: Rick Famuyiwa’s Dope;
- Dear Feminists, This too Shall Pass;
- For My Super Fans;
- The Review: Cadillac Records;
- The Unseen Woman;
- Meet the Amazing 18 Year Old Championing Children’s Causes;
- The Review: Wait for Me;
- Dealing with Marriage Pressure;
- Etiquette for Semi-Formal Meetings;
- Long Distance 3;
- The Review: With The Ring;
- When Bad Things Happen to Good People;
- The Review: Joromi by Simi;
- Shades of Us: The Return.
So that was our week last week.
This week, we will be sharing the last installment of Long Distance. That story needs to end y’all…and after more than two years. Ha! We need to do better! This week also, we are supporting the #KickOffKaduna campaign for under-privileged kids in Kaduna State, Nigeria, and we will tell you why. The Review returns this week and we have a Hausa song that we will be discussing. What movie do you want to see reviewed? Hit us up in the comment section and we will get to it. And, there mightbe a new video log this week! Fingers crossed.
Make sure to follow Shades of Us across social media. We are EVERYWHERE! Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google+. So if you aren’t following, you are wrong!
(We kid….or do we?)
Any hoo…we wish you a great week ahead. Remember that you matter…no matter what the noise outside says.
Hugs and Kisses,