|Carefree Girls: What we aspire for ever girl in the world.
Today, SHADES OF US joins the world in commemorating the INTERNATIONAL DAY OF THE GIRL!
We believe EVERY GIRL deserves the following;
1. Equal Access To Basic Human Rights;
2. Equal Access To Education;
3. Equal Access To Proper Health Care;
4. Equal Pay For Same Quality Or Quantity Of Work/Job;
5. Equal Right To Vote And Be Vote For And To Be In Leadership Positions Without Intimidation;
6. Equal Access To Opportunities;
7. Equal Access To Inheritance;
8. Right To Choose Whom To Marry And if/when To Marry;
9. Protection From Rape, Pedophilia, Domestic Violence Or Abuse, Emotional Abuse, Patriarchy And Misogyny;
10. Protection From Harmful Cultural And Religious Practices Like Female Genital Mutilation, Public Flogging For Perceived Wrongs Etc;
11. Equal Access to Digital Rights and Protection from Digital Gender Based Violence.
With this in mind, we agree with this year’s theme for the International Day of the Girl Child as put out by the United Nations. If girls progress in all the spheres mentioned above, the sustainable development goals will progress and we will enjoy a better world.
Add your voice today! What can YOU do to make girls progress?
|Credit: ESAU DILIS BLOG|